Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let Your Soul & Spirit Fly....

Momma Patty has great taste in music. We were talking wedding music last weekend and I realized how thankful I am to have such a great mother in law. She loves music. I love her. She loves wine. I love laughing at her when she drinks wine. She is pretty great! Here she is with me, KK and Brooklyn at B's first music festival. I wish you could see that she is rocking my Stoney LaRue shirt. Awesome.

I have been such a slacker at this blogging thing. Sometimes when I can't sleep at night, I think of a million things I want to write, and by morning those thoughts are lost. Or they just don't sound as great. So, I end up with blogs like this.

I heard today that the average age in College Station is 23. True or not, I am old in this town. When I lived in Houston, I never thought about my age as being old but being in a college town I may as well be walking around with a cane. Hell, Im already getting gray hair! True story, though I admit I got my first one at 19. I probably qualify for the cheaper old people lunch around here.

Quick Updates:

  • Miss B. She is wonderful. Besides the virus she is fighting now, the 4 ear infections since February, the ER visit on Mother's Day for falling and slamming her head hard enough to cause a purple golf ball on her forehead and the eye surgery scheduled in July.... we are great! This kid is going to give me heart attack. She is not afraid of anything. She climbs everything and then wants to jump off or in some cases dive off head first. She is picking up new words daily and repeating alot of what we say. This means it is critical that I learn to watch my mouth, like now. I need to try a swear jar or soap in my mouth. Dont judge me. I have mentioned before that she was on the "short side of average"... at the doc yesterday, she was TALLER than a 17mth old little boy. Yep, that's right. Short legs what??? Her hair is beautifully out of control. Lets be honest, she is perfect.
  • Wedding planning. It is actually going great so far. Venue booked, dress bought, save the dates waiting to be mailed. I can't believe the dress that I proclaimed as "MY DRESS" after seeing only the top half in a magazine ad a year ago, turned out to be exactly what I was dreaming of. I honestly believe it was made for me. I totally made fun of the whole wedding book thing until my MOH bought me one (my fivestar apparently wasn't good enough for her) and I LOVED it! I am probably one of the most laid back, easiest brides ever (to please), and I am pretty sure that drives my "maidzilla" crazy! Ha... Love you Jess! You are the greatest MOH ever!
  • Me & Dyl.... busy, busy, busy. He graduates in August! So proud of him. I started a new job, quit and then started a new one. Maybe someday I will write more on that. Maybe not. Our schedules are crazy and we work totally different hours but we have family night twice a week and then our weekends are full of visiting with friends and family. Family night..... how cute is that?? :)

Well, Dyl is working & B is in bed.... Tara time!!! Im going to cuddle up with my favorite blanket and watch It's Complicated. I've heard all good things! :)

P.S. I want to rock your gypsy soul..........

Much Love,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment