Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Funday

I love Sundays.  I hate that it means I must go back to work the next morning, but I love spending Sunday with my little family.  Due to our crazy, insane schedule for the time being, Dylan and I really don't get to spend much time together or as a family.  He is usually home Tues and Thursday nights too, or sometimes just one of those... and then sometimes neither and though I do appreciate those nights, it's still only a few hours once I get home from work.  Sundays mean a FULL day together to do whatever we want!!  Now that the weather is warming up, we have been having park picnics and taking walks together.  B loves to be outside and so do we.  Honestly, I am happy doing anything at all if we are all together!  Today's adventures:
Picnic at the park.  Brooklyn played on two playgrounds and chased squirrels, aka "curls", around with Dad as I followed behind taking pics of my two loves.  Then we were off to Research Park on campus so Brooklyn could see all the pups and we could take a walk around the park with her in the wagon.  She even got adventurous and walked across the rocky path over the water with us!  She loved all the dogs that were out playing and swimming.  There were lots of birds,ducks and turtles too!!  Closest thing College Station has to a zoo I guess!  ;)  Somebody (and Daddy too) was getting sleepy so we made a quick stop at the book store for some new reads (Toy Story & Thomas The Train for B and some history books for Dyl) and of course we had to stop in the pet store to say hi to the fish, hamsters, mice and birds and then back to the casa.  Our child ADORES animals!!  She has 5 stuffed animals she has to sleep with and she named herself...Puppy Doe Doe, Pup Pup, Buggy, Tur-tle and Ellie.  The bed tends to get a little crowded when she slumber parties in our bed!!  B asked to get in her bed and as soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out!  Dyl got comfy on the couch and I had some ME TIME!!  I hit up the library, Target (of course) and Kroger.  Me time is VERY important!!  After dinner, we took Brooklyn for frozen yogurt and then settled in to watch Toy Story (one of today's Target purchases even though I went to treat myself!  I ended up with a spatula (seriously???) and came home with Toy Story, a collection set of Mickey Mouse Club books and a new pillow for B...go figure).  Anyhow, great Sunday Funday!!!!  :)
Much Love,
 T

No comments:

Post a Comment