Saturday, October 24, 2009

Too Pretty To Stay Inside


Normally I bad mouth all things Houston but today I actually enjoyed my (temporary) city. It was a beautiful day and I just had to get outside. I was going to load up and head to the Zoo but I decided that Hermann Park was more what I was feeling. I haven't been there since I was a little girl. My brother, Josh, was very sick as a toddler and spent alot of time in the Texas Children's Hospital so I frequented Hermann Park during our many afternoons spent downtown in the Medical Center. For years at our doctor appointments, Mom would bribe us into being good by taking us to ride the train. Well, Brooklyn had her first outing to the same park Mommy and Uncle Bear played at! We even rode the train! She was never once fussy and smiled at everyone. She is such a little flirt! She loved all the ducks, puppies, birds and people. She even made a friend on the train...a 3 year old little girl, Shelby. Brooklyn was just jabbering away and the little girl said "Ummm she just called me her Daddy". Hahaha. I had to explain to her that Brooklyn can only say a few real words and DaDa happens to be her favorite at the moment! I had such an amazing day with my baby girl and Grandma Ruth.




In other news... :). Im missing my bestie. She is in Maui right now. I called her this morning at 11:45, forgetting that it was 6:45am there. Haha. Oops. Im incredibly jealous. I think I'll post a picture of us because we make an adorable BFF couple. Heres to you Jazz.....









No comments:

Post a Comment