Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It is official!!!


WE ARE ENGAGED!!

Dylan and I started dating in May 2005 and we have FINALLY made it official!! We met in College Station while working at The Tap. Working there was one of the best decisions I made! I met my love AND made some very close lifetime friends! Dylan and I moved in together in 2006. During the Fall of 2007, we took a short break from each other but both knew that we had made a mistake. I believe that time made our relationship stronger and helped us to appreciate each other even more! We found out in April of 2008 that we were expecting our first baby together! January 2009, our twosome became a threesome!! Oh wait, that doesn't sound right..... Ummm we became a family of 3!! Everyone expected that when we found out about Brooklyn, we would rush off and get married. I just didn't feel like we needed to get married because we were expecting. It's just not my style. I wanted to do things in our own time. We wanted to give our complete attention to becoming parents! The time has now come!! Dylan AND Brooklyn (she held the ring) asked me to become Tara Blanchard on December 18th in our living room. My Mom, Brother and Jessica were all there. It was perfect! Well, Dyl could have warned me so that we wouldn't have been in bumming clothes for those action shots but it's okay :) I knew that Dylan had picked up my ring the week before so it was nearly impossible for him to surprise me. And I admit, I was searching the house like a madwoman for those few days. I told him that if he tried to take me anywhere I would know what was happening, so he surprised me when I was wearing sweatpants!! Ha. Now it is time to start planning our wedding!! I am so excited to finally marry my other half. 2009 has been a fabulous year!

3 comments: