Monday, August 30, 2010

Thank you 26....

26 was pretty darn good to me. I honestly can say that growing older hasn't started to really bother me yet. Up to 18 I was just a baby. 18-24, well those were college years (yes I realize that is 6 years) and with those were the good and the bad times. I feel like 21-24 was a blur (there is probably a reason for that...). Like it was all smashed up into one big fat chunk of time that feels more like a year now looking back. Great times, not so great times.... but definitely some GREAT friends were made then. 24 and up has been pretty great. I can't complain when I have two amazing people to grow older with!! Thank you Dylan and Brooklyn for making my life so full and wonderful. I can't imagine life without you two.
Back to 26.....
On my 26th birthday, Dylan took Brooklyn and I to Galveston to wonder around the strand and let B put her feet in the ocean for the first time. I loved that day. We didn't do anything crazy exciting, just walked around as a family and enjoyed our 6 month old little babe and each other. We all shared a snowcone, Brooklyn's first. Brooklyn and I had a caricature done and it is to this day one of my favorite pictures of us! So cute and silly. I cherish those kind of days.
My bestie took me to a Blue concert in Houston for my 26th bday. ALWAYS an amazing time. Brooklyn started crawling right around my 26th birthday. That was so exciting to watch her becoming more independent and mobile!

At 26, I spent a lot of time away from Dylan with him working out of town. We survived it of course and I believe it made us stronger.
I had mostly great times with my mom... a few little tiffs here and there but that's to be expected when you are around each other all the time! During 26, I got to watch her fall more in love with her grandbaby every single day and I cannot express the joy that brings me. 26, unlike 25, meant my Brother was home safe and no longer in Iraq. Thank God.
During the Fall of 26, I was still staying home with Brooklyn. I still cry sometimes when I think of all of the time I had with her then. I remember when it started cooling off outside and I would walk B to the park down from our house almost everyday. We had a lot of fun together when I was a stay at home Mommy. I will always be thankful for those memories. I struggle now with the decision to continue being a working Mom or to go back to being with her...... For my 26th bday, I got my first DSLR... a year later, I am still learning to use it. I need to dedicate more time to it since photography is something I LOVE. I have at least been able to get some really great snapshots of B over the last year!

Brooklyn's first Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas!!! I could go on and on about all of these holidays. 26 gave me a ton a of great "first" memories with Brooklyn. Those will never be forgotten!

Up until December of my 26th year, my best friend lived right down the road! Then she had this brilliant idea to move to Dallas....to be continued.
I spent more time with my Dad than I had in a really long time. That was much needed, for myself and for Brooklyn. Appreciate it 26.
We had family Thanksgiving in the fall of 26 back in Gatesville and my Mom and Brother Bear even joined! That was very special to me to have my family there along with Dylan's side. We had a big family football game that I must admit, I did not contribute to. Well, I did get some pretty hilarious pictures!
B started walking right before Christmas! I still get emotional watching the videos of her first steps. Can you see why I can't complain about getting older?? Look what these years are bringing to my life :)

At 26, my love asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!! He and Brooklyn gave me a beautiful ring on Dec 18th. Thank you baby!

At 26, it became official that I was getting to marry not only the love of my life, but getting to marry into an absolutely wonderful family. I am proud to become a "Blanchard".

Jan 7th, Brooklyn turned 1!! We had a fabulous party with lots of our friends and family. We truly have some of the greatest friends and family EVER!!


My Grandma was with us for a couple months at a time during last year. Her and I would take Brooklyn down to Herman park in Houston and to the Zoo and just running around town. I will always cherish those memories. She adores B. I hate to imagine her not being with us someday, but I will have times like those that will always be dear to my heart. I am so grateful that Brooklyn has been able to spend so much quality time with her.

At 26, we said goodbye to our big home in Houston. It was difficult to leave my Mom, but it was what was best for our family to move back to College Station. We have some wonderful, amazing memories of the year and a half we lived there. Some of the greatest moments of my life happened in that home.

26 brought some tough decisions.....I started working for the first time since I found out I was expecting Brooklyn. It has been one of the most difficult decisions I have made. I cried every morning for the first couple weeks. Some days I think it is what is best and other days I want to go back to being home with Brooklyn. I'm afraid of not having my own career & something to fall back on when my kids start school and yet I am afraid of missing out on the years before they start school. What an exhausting battle I go through in my mind!
At 26, Brooklyn met me outside when I got home from work and she was standing in the pouring rain, smiling so big because her Mommy was home!! We played in the rain right then and there. I will forever hold that memory in my heart. Thank you Brooklyn...and 26.

When I was 26, I had the privilege of asking 5 wonderful ladies and amazing friends to stand next to me on one of the most important days of my life. Thank you Jessica, Kate, Leslie, Sara and Kalin for being my bridesmaids! I love you all and cherish your friendships more than you know!! I am one lucky lady!

In April of 26, we had a Tap Reunion after Chilifest and I had SO much fun catching up with old friends! Such great memories with such great people. 27's ready to do it again!!

During 26, I made a couple road trips to Dallas to see the BFF. Once with Brooklyn... our first 4 hour solo road trip....We met up with Kate at Jessica's and Jessica's Mom stayed and joined our slumber party too! Very relaxing weekend with my little babe, two of my very best friends and a Mom!! The other time it was another BLUE concert!!! Some quality time with my be frie.

At 26, I fell in love with a Jim Hjelm wedding dress in a magazine. At 26, I tried that dress on and fell even more in love. At 27, I will get to strut my stuff in it!!

Brooklyn had some minor health issues, but things turned out just fine! THANK YOU GOD & 26!

At 26, my bestie had a brilliant idea to move to Baltimore. And, she went through with it. The end, for now. Maybe 27 will bring her back ;) At least to visit a lot!! And then of course, Kate, another best friend decided to go to law school at Tulane and live far far away too... Geez ladies, whats up with these long distance dreams of yours??? Playing... so proud of both of you!


2 Blue October shows in 1 night! With GREAT company... Dyl, Brother & Jess!!! Yep, that happened at 26! (total of 4 shows, not bad 26!)

When I was 26, Dylan graduated from Sam Houston University!! I am so proud of you Dylan Cole Blanchard! You were a great student, you are a hard worker, a fabulous hubby to be and such an incredible Daddy! Great job babe!


During 26, I watched my sweet little baby girl transform into a beautiful little toddler! So full of life, love, happiness and personality! It has been an incredible year.


During 26, Brooklyn has continued to teach me more about life than I ever knew. I never knew I could love this much. I never knew someone could be so beautiful. She reminds me to laugh and play. She reminds me to relish in the simple joys of life. She brightens even the darkest days. "She's rock & roll... and she saved me"
Dylan, thank you for 21, 22, 23, (part of)24, 25, 26 and now 27.... and the rest of our lives!

These were only some of the amazing memories from being 26.

I honestly look forward to 27, 28, 29....even 30. BRING IT! (But please try to be gentle & kind to my body...27, You are already getting sassy with all this gray hair!!!)

Much Love,

"27" T

1 comment:

  1. I just got teary eye :( I love it your an amazing mother and sister in law ;) love our late night talks when we all go to gville. You will always be amazing and "TRUST" at age 30 your still going to look amazing and I'll prolly still be trying to loose the weight haha.... Love you!!

    <2

    ReplyDelete