![]() |
| stancyhigleyphotographie.com |
Dylan and I are finally married! After 5 1/2 years, we finally tied the knot!! We got married Friday, November 12th here in College Station at 7F Lodge. I adore that place. Seriously, check out their website and even if you just need a romantic night or weekend away with your lovie, you should definitely check it out! I am waiting to get our professional pictures back and I will be sure to post some :). It was a fabulous evening, a few hiccups here and there that I am sure I stressed about more than anyone else even noticed, but I think that is pretty typical. Brooklyn was there with us of course and stole the show at times! Ha... She was a dancing machine on that dance floor. I love my little family!
![]() |
| stancyhigleyphotographie.com |
We went to Riviera Maya for our honeymoon and stayed at The El Dorado Royale. It was absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to go back someday. Dylan and I have not had a vacation since Brooklyn was born so we were in much need of some relaxing time together! It was amazing. We have always talked about wanting to visit some Mayan ruins so we spent an afternoon in Tulum. We actually got separated from our tour guide/group and got lost. We saw signs about the ruins so we just started running to try to find our peeps and a mile later, shirts soaked with sweat...we found familiar faces. We actually overheard a couple saying "Did we ever find The Blanchards???" Ha... Go figure, of course we would get lost! Tulum was breathtaking...not just because I am out of shape and running a mile literally takes my breath away, but it was simply gorgeous. We also went to Xel-ha and snorkeled, jumped off a cliff and spent the day in the sun. We did ALOT of laying beach & poolside just enjoying each others company. Oh and eating...YUM. I don't think I stopped smiling our entire trip.... well maybe the morning after we basically closed the bar at the resort.... That was a rough morning, just so happens it was the morning we were leaving. Hangover + Airplane... No bueno. All in all, it was perfect and I am now a happily married lady!! (Most days.... ;) we may be "newlyweds" but we have been together long enough to admit that my husband can be a huge pain in the rear!)
| About to go snorkeling for the first time ever! |
Christmas was wonderful. I was in love with seeing Brooklyn light up at all the Christmas decorations! She loved the lights. "More lights, more lights!!!" She is still loving all the houses being lit up at night. How am I going to explain that to a two year old when everyone takes their decorations down??? She was okay with Santa this year... aka "Ho Ho". She didn't cry in her picture with him. However, she did not get near another "Ho Ho". Her response to GiGi's attempt to get her to sit with Santa was, "No Ho Ho!!!" She definitely got everything she could have wanted for Christmas! What a lucky little girl. She is loved by so many. We are truly blessed. Dylan and spoiled each other a little too of course :) I am already looking forward to next Christmas!!! I just love everything about this time of year.
| She was so not into it! |
That is basically a quick re-cap of our Fall. The new year is upon us and I am very hopeful for what 2011 will bring! Brooklyn will be 2 on January 7th. I can't believe my baby girl is already 2 years old. She is my world. She's so beautiful, smart, sweet, hilarious and just simply perfect. She is a Mama's girl still, though I am just waiting for that Daddy's girl thing to kick in. Hopefully I will be better at keeping up my blog in 2011!!
Much Love.....
T






No comments:
Post a Comment